A day in the life

Calling myself a real housewife, I thought I should do a "Day in the life of a housewife" kind of post. This Monday I could get a lot done and cut down on screen time. Maybe it was the start of the week enthusiasm.

The most important thing I did was get an hour of exercise, first thing in the morning. I intend to do that everyday but the intentions do not always translate to action. The exercise gave me a refreshing jolt of energy and reminded me to stick with it, if only for the energy.

My day in a list form.
  • Exercised an hour.
  • Get the daughter to brush, change and all of that morning routine. This takes at least half an hour with all the running and "I dont want to brush".
  • Washed the garbage cans
  • Breakfast time.
  • Laundry time. A whites load, a colored load, drying, folding and putting it away. Takes atleast an hour. I let the daughter help with this. 
  • Made chapati dough with the daughter mixing her own in a smaller bowl.
  • Bath time and dealing with "I don't want to bath" and "I don't want to come out of the bath".
  • Lunch time. Made khichadi. Both of us love it but the husband wont eat it. So, perfect when the husband is at office and ready to eat the chinese takeout.
  • Wrote a blog post for a blog event.
  • Prepared mushroom aloo matar for dinner while the daughter is napping.
  • Made some veggie oat tikkis for evening snack and froze the rest. The daughter helped coat them in semolina.
  • Tea and snack time when the husband returns from office.
  • Take daughter out for a walk in the neighborhood. (taking advantage of late summer evening light)
  • Time to make chapatis for dinner and heat up the sabzi.
  • Dinner time
  • Sleep time.
There is TV time and internet time built in along the day. I can't not do internet every single day (or hour).
Some days there is crafting instead of making a snack. The daughter loves helping with any of those things.
When I am not doing laundry, I vacuum or clean the kitchen or some other cleaning type activity.
Summer vacation is going on, so there is no dropping and picking up from school activity.


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Day trip to Nehru planetarium and science centre in Worli

A special Gujarati meal - Chana bataka nu shaak (black chickpeas and potato curry), Gujarati Kadhi

Recreating Turtle Empanadas : Empanadas filled with chocolate, caramel and walnuts