Raw mango chutneys - Mango Onion Chutney with a hint of coconut and Green Chutney with mango

I got a few raw (green) mangoes last week. I made a small batch of my mango pickle. With the rest of the mangoes, I made a couple of chutneys. My mom told me about this sour-sweet mango chutney which could work like ketchup with more of an indian flavor. I immediately got down to making it.

I loved its tang. The husband loved it mixed with some sweetish yogurt. We are already halfway through the chutney in a week. I will have to make another batch soon. We enjoyed it with thalipeeth immediately after I made it.



Mango Onion Chutney


Onion gives cooling properties to the chutney, with the green mango providing the tang, making it perfect for summer.
Ingredients:
1 large (2 cups) raw mango peeled and chopped
1/2 large (1 cup) onion
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp salt
3 tsp jaggery
3 tsp dry coconut powder
Method
Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend into a chutney.
Notes:

  • Brown sugar can be used instead of jaggery.
  • Fresh or frozen grated coconut would also work instead of dry coconut powder.


Green Chutney with mango



The mango adds a fresh taste to this already fresh tasting chutney.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup peeled and chopped raw mango
1 bunch (2 cups) cilantro
1 bunch (1/2 cup) mint
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 green chillies
1 tsp roasted chana (daliya)
Method
Blend all the ingredients in a blender to a chutney consistency.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Day trip to Nehru planetarium and science centre in Worli

A special Gujarati meal - Chana bataka nu shaak (black chickpeas and potato curry), Gujarati Kadhi

Recreating Turtle Empanadas : Empanadas filled with chocolate, caramel and walnuts